The USDF University program provides recognition for USDF members who strive to continue their education through their participation in accredited educational opportunities. There are several ways to earn USDF University credits including attending USDF events, approved events hosted by GMOs and individuals and completing online courses.
If you have any further questions, contact the University Liaison at (859) 971-2277 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
USDF University Certificate Recognition is based strictly on credits earned at USDF University Accredited programs and courses over time and need not be earned in the same year. All awards are calculated after September 30 of each year.
|Recognition Level||Credits Required|
If you attended a USDF University Accredited program hosted by a GMO or individual, but did not sign up for credit on-site, fill out the Credit Request Form and send it to USDF.
For some USDF programs, participants and auditors may earn credits differently.
- 4 credits per 2 days of attendance
- 2 credits per 1 days of attendance
- 1 credit per 1 day of attendance
In all University Approved Programs hosted by GMOs or individuals, participants and auditors receive the same credit for attendance.
- .5 credits per 4 hours of attendance
- 1 credit per one day of attendance
The following programs are not eligible for USDF University credits:
- USDF Instructor Certification Program: pre-certifications and final exams
- USDF L Program: D-1, D-2 sessions and final exams
- GMO Roundtable discussion held during USDF Annual Convention
- Open Forums held during USDF Annual Convention
Additional accredited online education opportunities are also offered through the following sources. [PLEASE NOTE: There is a $5/per course fee for the University Credits]:
- My Horse University
- Equine Nutritional Solutions
- Saddlefit 4 Life®
All programs organized by USDF are USDF University Accredited. Attendees will automatically receive USDF University credits upon confirmation of attendance and USDF Membership. USDF programs include:
- USDF FEI Jr/YR Clinic Series
- USDF National Education Initiative Events
- USDF Instructor Workshops
- USDF L Education Program
- USDF CE Program for Judges and L Graduates
- USDF National Symposium
- USDF Sport Horse Handlers Clinics
- USDF Sport Horse Seminars
- USDF Trainers Conference
- USDF/USEF Young Rider Graduate Program
The following programs held during the USDF Annual Convention are USDF University accredited, and attendees who are current members will receive USDF University credits for attending by submission of their survey after the event.
- USDF University Education sessions
- USDF Apprentice Dressage TD Clinic
- Competition Managers/Secretary Clinic
- Youth Education session
Additionally, the following USEF Programs will receive USDF University accreditation, and attendees who are current USDF members will receive USDF University credits for attending upon confirmation of attendance by USEF:
- USEF Judges Forum
- USEF TD Forum
- USEF Dressage Sport Horse Breeding Judges Forum
USDF provides an accreditation structure for independently organized events, allowing members to earn USDF credit for participating in accredited programs conducted by GMOs, other groups and/or individuals. General overview of the USDF University Program
Please read the Organizer’s Guidelines (PDF) for more information about which programs are eligible and all the requirements for hosting a USDF University approved program.
to host a program.
The USDF National Education Initiative, while USDF University Accredited, has a few differing requirements and application process. Please visit the USDF National Education Initiative page for more information on that program.
Each year, during its annual convention, USDF offers educational sessions for dressage professionals and enthusiasts of all levels. USDF accepts proposals for suggested topics. Topics must be submitted to the USDF office by February 1st on the appropriate form (PDF).
- At least one instructor must be a USDF Certified Instructor, Honorary Instructor, or USDF Instructor/Trainer Examiner.
- A minimum of one riding session per day, in the discipline of dressage.
If you are interested in hosting an event please contact email@example.com to discuss your event and it’s eligibility as the program is developed.
- Blank Budget Form (Excel)
- Event Planning and Budget (PDF)
- Event Application
- Event Ideas (PDF)
- Grant Application (PDF)
- Event and Grant Requirements/Guidelines
- Instructor Exception Request (PDF)
The following applications will be made available soon